Restricted Sites Protection, Office and HTML

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by haapy, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haapy

haapy Registered Member

Using XP-SP2, IE7, Outlook 2003 and the HTML format, there is a significant typing delay creating new e-mail messages, both using stationary and not. This happens on 2 different PCs.

Using text or rich text, there is no lag. I have eliminated anti-spyware and ant-virus as a cause. Office Detect and Repair did not fix anything.

I reset IE7. All works. The applied Restricted Sites Protection and the Office HTML delay is back. This is a repeatable process. I have not been able to narrow down which of the 3000+ sites is causing the problem.

2. sco2

sco2 Registered Member

A temporary solution for Outlook: Goto security tab in options menu and select internet as security zone.
    Even if internet is already selected, re-select internet.
    The problems then goes away for a while but sometimes come back.
    Apparently Outlook has decided (after some update?) to check the whole list of restricted sites for e-mails in html format on key-strokes and opening mails in html format :(
    The only permanent solutions i have so far are:
    - remove all Spyware Blaster protection (& Spybot immunization) o_O
    - uninstall IE7 and go back to IE6 o_O

Update:
    I have confirmation that this problem is caused by a change in the security mechanism of Internet Explorer 7.

Effectively this means the protection mechanism used by Spyware Blaster can no longer be used by everybody unless Microsoft is willing to change their software.

If not, a re-design of Spyware Blaster will be required.

Last edited: May 18, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.