RESTRICTED SITE

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by jenny_v, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenny_v

jenny_v Registered Member

AFTER A MONTH OF "FIGTHING" WITH TROJANS,HIJACKED PAGES AND...A LOT OF WORK TO GET RID OF THEM,I FOLLOWED THE ADVISE OF THE FORUM TO INSTALL THE SPYWARE BLASTER.
    NOW...I DON T KNOW IF THIS 2 IS CONNECTED ,BUT AFTER THE INSTALLATION OF THE PROGRAM I CANT VISIT A SITE A HAVE PAID FOR.IT S A BIG,VERY WELL-KNOWN COMPANY AND THIS SITE IS A TOOL FOR MY JOB.WHEN I TRY TO LOG IN, IT GETS ME TO ANOTHER PAGE WHICH SAYS THAT A PROBLEM OCCURED OR IT DISCONNECT ME FROM THE SITE .I SEND A MAIL AND TODAY I RECEIVED THIS MAIL : We are sorry for the difficulties you encounter to visit http://www.artprice.com

1. In order to increase security on our service,
    we identify your account with a cookie.

So, if the cookie option is not validated on your browser,
    you have to accept cookie for a proper use of our service.

MY INTERNET SECURITY ZONE IS MEDIUM AND I TRIED ONCE TO DISABLE ALL PROTECTION OF THE BLASTER BUT IS EXACTLY THE
    SAME.I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT AFTER I LOG IN .AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SITE THE ICON OF RESTRICTED SITES APPEARS.(THE SAME HAPPENED AND WHEN I DISABLED THE BLASTER)
    ANY IDEAS ? I AM USING WINDOWS XP

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Jenny, I moved your post to a forum that may give you a better response.

BTW Please do not use capitol letters as it is deemed as shouting. :D

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Yes Jenny, that is a restricted site as defined by SWB.

edited: nope, more likely IEspyAds

OK... to fix it, you can look in SWB IE's Restricted sites listings and UNcheck it.... if you can find it... I did not bother to look as I check IE's Restricted Sites first.

could not find it in SWB sooooooo........

In IE...Tools/Internet Options/Security TAB, Restricted / Sites, scroll till you find it and select it then delete and OK on way out.

see screenie...

Cheers, TAS

Attached Files:

• 028.GIF
      028.GIF
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  4. Tassie_Devils

btw, sorry, forgot to welcome you to forums.... :)

I tried going to the site in Firefox, it asked to accept a cookie, I denied, then I checked with IE and sure enough I saw the 'red' Restricted Site Icon in IE's window so checked IE's Restricted Sites listings first.

I just checked SWB's listings, and cannot find it there, but it must have listed it under a general name, as I did not put any sites' in my restricted list apart from SWB's.

Cheers, TAS

edit: The only thing I could see in SWB relating to "art" were these two entries.

Coolwebsearch... hmmmmmm...... source of your problems?? I honestly do not know that site artprice.com.... but to have it listed in Restricted Sites must be a reason.

Attached Files:

• 029.GIF
      029.GIF
      File size:
      10.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  5. dog

dog Guest

It could be an entry from IE-Spyad. ;) ... but none the less TAS's instructions should correct the problem.

dog - *puppy*

6. Tassie_Devils

ROFL... arrrgggghhhhhh.... yep.. forgot IESpyads.. yep, I do have that installed... ROFL... see... paranoia can cloud the brain matter dog... *puppy* *puppy*

Cheers mate and thanks... TAS

PS: So I guess that makes SWB's question a moot point, but it certainly raises the question of why Eric has it listed...

TAS

7. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... we're two peas in a pod :D - "paranoia" another trait we share :D :ninja: ... among others ;)

Cheers my Friend, ;)

Steve

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

artprice.com is indeed listed in IE-Spyads latest download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.