Restoring with TI 11 & Vista, without fixing BCD?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by yamaneko, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yamaneko

yamaneko Registered Member

Has anybody tested restore Vista partition without fixing BCD?

I just bought TI 11 upgrade (I now have TI 10) but I have not yet tested restore with Vista (done that with XP couple of times). So when this day comes, I like to be sure I can use Vista after restore.

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hello,

Have not tested yet. However from your link and others, someone got a reply from Acronis who said they were aware of the issue and that it would be fixed in the next release. TI 11 being the next release, I would like to know too if it's fixed.

Regards,
    gkweb.

3. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I have been using TI 10 w/o any issues. I upgraded to TI 11 yesterday. I created an image of my Vista drive, as I have been doing with TI 10, all went well. I tried to restore the image, all did not go well. It asked for the OS CD. I did the restore from within Vista. I then re-booted to my XP drive and restored the Vista drive back to the "TI 10" image.

This morning I d/l a new file of TI 11 - repeat the installation process, the back up process, and get the same results - will not restore. I shall leave TI 10 on the machine, it has never failed me either in Vista or XP, and wait for a rising star in the east to tell me it is OK to get an improved version of TI 11 - or not.

FWIW, I have been using TI 10 build 4942 since it came out - I like it.

Now if I can only figure out a way to get my 30 dollars back I can have the LARGE pizza for lunch.;)

4. gkweb

Hello,

Can the support inform us if it has been fixed ?

Regards,
    gkweb.

5. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Mustang's post (#111) in this thread reports a successful image restoration of a Vista partition without needing a BCD repair.

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

A thread worth reading, Mustang reports good news and bads news there.

7. gkweb

Hello,

Thank you for the link, it seems it's finally fixed in v11.

Regards,
    gkweb.

8. visch1

visch1 Registered Member

I’m old and old fashioned and with that I learned the hard way after years of examples: if it works, don’t fix it! I know that there are issues with perhaps too many installations but TI10 works and I have not noticed anything that attracts me to TI11 except perhaps some challenges. Now if I can fix my cane so I don’t need it!:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2007
  9. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I am old too - you'd think I would learned the ''works don't fix it" deal by now. However, there are times when I just dive off the board w/o looking to see if there is any water in the pool - this is one of those times:oops:

T10 is alive and well, I have written to Acronis requesting my money back for T11 (like this is gonna happen) and expressing my displeasure with the product.
    10 is a much cooler number than 11 anyway.:cool:

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

There is a warranty of Merchantability that vendora cannot waive. Essentially it requires that a product be able to perform the basic functions for which it was offered for sale. If it does not, then you are entitled to a refund under law. There are some variations from state to state on the rights of hte buyer. Try contacting you state's Attorney General's office for more info.

11. BChat

BChat Registered Member

I decided to write to Acronis and then ''let it go". If I get a refund, fine. If not, then I am out $29.99 and will move on down the road. 11 will be the last version of Acronis True Image I will buy.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.