Restoring with Acronis UR on Linux and VMWareServer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Luttertaler, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luttertaler

Luttertaler Registered Member

Hi @ all,

I have a problem with restoring a backup from any windows-os. Maybe someone could help me? Thanks in advance.

I have a Acronius-Image from a complete windows-server-2003 (*.tib-File).
    I have also a Linux server 10.2 suse. Installed on it is a vmware-server for linux.

Now I want to restore the Acronis-Image (WinSrv2003) on the Vmwareserver on the linux-Pc. The Restoring with the Rescue Boot CD from Acronis with Universal Restore functions obviously very well. No faults und Operation suceeded. But when I boot the the restored WinSrv2003 in the vmware I get a blue screen (no detailed message, Fault .....7b). I tried this with four other backuped operation systems (Win 2000, XP etc.- ). Always the same.

Has vmware a problem with the linux partitions? Or has Acronis a problem with the vmware server? Or :))? Has anybody a link or help for me where I can get the solution?

Thanks a lot and many greetings, Norbert

2. axisit

axisit Registered Member

We to are having trouble with Acronis and linux. There is a link in my Sig to a thread with some details we are having with linux may help, Good luck

3. Luttertaler

Hi.

Thanks a lot. But I thought the VMWares are like a 'standalone-pc' und does nothing have to do with the underlying host-operationg system (here linux).

Kind regards, Norbert

4. axisit

axisit Registered Member

Was not sure if it did just wanted you to be aware, and not get stuck.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Luttertaler,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of both the respective versions of Acronis True Image and Acronis Universal Restore. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please note that you should get the window of the Restore Wizard which allows you to select "Use Acronis Universal Restore" or "Do not use Acronis Universal Restore" when you boot your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD created with Acronis Universal Restore plug-in installed (check the chapter "Using Acronis Universal Restore" of the respective Acronis True Image User's Guide for details).

Please make sure the image does not contain any dynamic disks, as Acronis Universal Restore does not support them.
    Please make sure that if you are choosing custom drivers during the restore procedure, the drivers you present are correct for the target machine.

If the issue persists, please submit a request for technical support. Attach all information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. Luttertaler

Dear Acronis, thanks a lot for your interest. The problem is solved. The fault sat in front of the computer :). I needed a special harddisk controller and found it on the vmware-site.

Greetings.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Luttertaler,

We are sorry for delayed response.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.