Restoring TI 11 (8101)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ess, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ess

ess Registered Member

Some months ago I lost my HD. Computer just crashed. Tried repair/insert cd etc to no avail. Eventually had to purchase/install new HD.

Thought to myself: "No problem", so I insert Acronis Recovery Disc I compiled upon first loading application - nothingo_O I then try to restore backups of MS Office 2000, My Docs. - again nothing.

Having purchased Genie a couple of years ago I decided that backup programmes and I don't agree:'(

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

OK, when you first created the TI Rescue CD, did you test it? If it doesn't boot your system, did you try it on another computer to see if it was a problem with the disk?

To boot from a CD, you may have to go into the BIOS Setup and put the CD drive ahead of the hard drive in the boot order. On some systems F12 will bring up a menu to let you choose what device to boot from. However, if the hard drive is new, unformatted with no operating system, the system should boot from the CD drive anyway.

When you say "nothing" what do you see when attempting to boot from the Rescue CD? Do you see an Acronis logo? Is there any text on the screen? Does the CD drive light come on to indicate that the drive is being checked and the disk read?

3. ess

ess Registered Member

"When you say "nothing" what do you see when attempting to boot from the Rescue CD? Do you see an Acronis logo? Is there any text on the screen? Does the CD drive light come on to indicate that the drive is being checked and the disk read?"

Thanks John for prompt reply. This happened some two months ago: there wasn't any Acronis logo. The comp. booted and I had to install everything again hence my dissappointment with Acronis - no restore from backup files held on external (USB) drive purchased for just this contingency.

Now I just manually move files from C drive to external. Do not use Acronis, consigned along with Genie to collect dust.

By the way, I just wrote this as I browsed (first time since crash) the forum.

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

ess,

Reclaim TrueImage from the dust heep. Review my beginner guides listed on line 2 of my signature below. If you need to move to a larger disk, then additionally check out line 3.

Additionally, Acronis offers training videos.
    Acronis® True Image 11 Home Videos
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/video10/

With a little investment of time, TI can be of great assistance. I have used TI for many years and Its restore function has worked for me more times than I want to admit. I have not performed a fresh install of Windows since I began using TI.

5. ess

ess Registered Member

GroverH
    Thanks for assistance in keeping me "within the fold". Will send my sniffer dog to hunt for coasters;)

6. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Grover is so right! I nearly dumped ATI 11 because it didn't work for me 'out of the box', but the guys here helped me sort it out and it has been a real lifesaver on several occasions. I absolutely wouldn't be without it. And the same goes for Disk Director 10.

Having said that, I do only use TI for manually imaging my system partitions to my own folders on a couple of external drives. No Secure Zone, no Backup Locations (can't get 'em to work), no Suck it and See or whatever it's called, just simple backup and restore of disks and partitions.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  7. ess

ess Registered Member

Thanks for encouragement. Still might "slide 'em over" C-F drives.

8. Earthling

Yes but that won't give you disaster recovery will it? You have to have an image for that.

9. ess

ess Registered Member

Yes indeed Earthling, thats what started me off in this thread.
    When I wanted to recover it did not do so. Complicated instructions or my stupidity (anno domini :oops: ) or a combination I know not.

When I wanted to restore my backups from external drive it could not do so.

10. Earthling

But it's probably fixable is what I'm saying - if you want to make the effort that is. Why wouldn't it restore - wouldn't the CD boot to the TI interface? or couldn't it find your external drive? or what?

11. ess

ess Registered Member

Thanks for continued interest & patience. The .tib (?) files are listed in ext drive. Will try again.

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ess,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If there are any issues booting from Acronis bootable disc then send us the serial number for the software via PM and we will provide you ISO image of Acronis True Image bootable disc which will solve the issue.

Let us know if the issue is resolved. We are looking forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience.

If you have any questions concerning Acronis software I'm always ready to help you.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

13. ess

ess Registered Member

Thank you all for assistance. A pm has been sent to Support.

I have, at last, managed to restore:D . Although my MS Outlook didn't. I will have to look at the videos again:)

Many thanks.
    Sellick

14. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sellick,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I have sent a file to your via PM. Please let us know the results at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

15. ess

ess Registered Member

Thank you Support. I have sent two (2) pms.
    rgds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.