Restoring the MBR with TrueImageCmd.exe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by knackeback, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knackeback

knackeback Registered Member

Hi all,

is there a possibility to restore only the MBR and Track0 with the command-line based application TrueImageCmd.exe as included in the 9.1 Workstation ?
    I have an image (created with 9.1 WS) containing only several partitions from harddisk 1, it is not a hole disk image. By restoring with the GUI-based application, it is possible to select only the entry "MBR and Track0". I need this option in the command-line based application too, but I can´t figure out how to do this. I can only restore one or more partitions from the image.
    But I know from the gui, that the MBR is included in the image.So I think there must be a possibility to restore it also from the command-line.

Thanks for any solutions

Michael

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello knackeback,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that the ability to restore MBR from the disk\partition images is available in the GUI mode only. However, we do have plans to implement this feature into the command line interface as well, but I'm afraid the exact time frame is not decided yet.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.