Restoring Images ...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by newhopeinc, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newhopeinc

newhopeinc Registered Member

Okay, I have finally figured out with help from this wonderful forum how to successfully perform a restore of a image located on our network to a Fdisk'd hard drive by starting the target PC with the TI8 rescue CD.

However, now that I have gotten this far, when attempting to power up the PC, I receive the message:

Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from the selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please check the Windows documentation ....

The image was created from a new hard drive with a fresh install of WinXP Pro, Office, and other 3rd party applications. The drive was part of a network domain, etc. But, I used SysPrep to get rid of the Sid and a mini-setup and sealed the computer. Then, I created the image and proceeded to restore that image to another computer drive.

Any ideas, hints, or thoughts are greatly appreciated. ;)

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, newhopeinc

Try FIXMBR first, if no luck then FIXBOOT.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello newhopeinc,

Can you please clarify if you have created the image of the whole hard disk drive (i.e. not the image of partitions, there should be a checkbox to create the image of the whole hard dick drive and below the checkboxes for partitions) and then restore it?

Thank you.

P.S. We don't recommend you to use the "fixboot" command. This command can corrupt file system on the drive.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

4. newhopeinc

newhopeinc Registered Member

Hi Andrew,

Yes, I created an image of the entire hard drive for full-boot and tried to restore as a primary drive. I'll try the fixmbr only.

If you have any suggestions they are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.