Restoring Images on a remotely controlled pc

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Lord77, Mar 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord77

Lord77 Registered Member

Hi,

i have 2 PCs. Both are hooked to my router. I access one pc by remote software (Radmin). Creating an image remotely is easy. But i couldnt restore the image through remote software. Which is logical since i tried to restore an image over the currently runnin windows 2000 partition.

I've 2 questions:

1. Is there a possibility to restore images via lan? Can i trigger the restore process on the remote pc? So the pc restarts in some dos environment similar to the provided boot disc? Will True Image Enterprise Edition accomplish that task?

2. Can i restore images created w/ True Image 7 (Standard Version) w/ the network version (Enterprise Edition) of True Image?

Hoping for helpfull replies.

Greetings
    Lord77

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Lord77,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We regret to inform you that currently it is not possible to restore images to the remote computer. However, our Development Team is workng on this option and it is expected to be implemnted in the future versions of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server.

You can restore images created with older version of Acronis True Image. Particularly, you will be able to restore image created with Acronis True Image 7.0 with Acronis True Image 8.0 (any edition).

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.