Restoring Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ronconno, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronconno

ronconno Registered Member

Please help out a new user, this is probably a very simple question and contained in the manual but I can't find my user manual, have just had a major XP crash PC will not now boot up and am going to have to restore from image held on separate hard dive, I have a full image as well as numerous incremental images my question is if I need to fully restore the original drive do I need to restore the last incremental image as well as the original full image, and if so in what order do I restore in. I have Acronis V 8.

Thanks

ronconno

2. JS_

JS_ Registered Member

images as in picture files ?

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

just restore the most recent image and u should be fine.

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Image as in TI creates a .tib file which is commonly refered to as an image file since it's an image (snapshot or whatever you'd like to call it) of the partition/disk at the point the TI backup is created. A little confusing sometimes if one is talking about taking a backup of a drive which contains picture images!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.