Restoring Image to Larger HD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Slbynum, Sep 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slbynum

Slbynum Guest

Hi, and thanks for reading this. Im a long time Ghost user and used just the simplest functions. Once while using Norton Ghost i restored my Ghost image to a larger HD {i use just one large partition} and it restored to the larger drive just fine. Now, using TI when i tried restoring from a image taken from a 120g partition and restoring it to a newly bought 200g partition drive, the image give me just the 120g partition. Ghost always automatically assumed you wanted the whole space of the new drive (unless you told otherwise). Can some please explain how i tell TI to use the whole space of 200g (one partition) for my image? Keep in mind im a noob.

Steve

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Steve,

When you select the Partition or Disk to restore, make sure you only tick the Partition checkbox rather than the Disk Number checkbox (Screenshot 1 below). You will then be given the option to resize the restored partition by clicking on the boundry line and dragging it to the size size you require (Screenshot 2 below).

Regards

Attached Files:

3. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

Do not try to re-size a partition, or disk, image if you are restoring from multiple optical media. You will never be able to swap them back and forth enough.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Slbynum,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I would also like to add that you can read more information on how to resize the partitions during the image restoration process in section 5.7 of Acronis True Image 8.0 User's Guide.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.