Restoring image on a new machine

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stlman, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stlman

stlman Guest

Can anyone tell me what happens if I have a computer with licensed software that is tied to that machine via some kind of "computer fingerprint" and I restore an image of it onto a different computer.

Will the licensed software remain licensed?

What about the the Windows XP OS - will that remain activated since it is now on a new machine?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello stlman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image does not "tie" to a particular machine using any kind of a "computer fingerprint" and so technically it will function on the new PC exactly as it was before. However, it will contradict with Acronis licensing policy, since you should purchase one copy of Acronis program per every computer where it will be used. This also applies to Bootable Rescue CD created using Acronis True Image.

Please take a look this FAQ article describing the issue.

I would also recommend you to contact Microsoft Support Team for more details on Windows licensing.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or report any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.