Restoring image from external USB drive with BartPE and TrueImage plugin

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asanramon, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asanramon

asanramon Registered Member

I'm new to True Image. I just downloaded the plugin for BartPE last night and I am playing with it. Anyways, I just created an entire image of my drive C and put the image to the external USB hard drive labeled drive D.

Now, I am trying to restore the image from the external USB HD. I'm trying to restore to an entire disk instead of partition. I get to the point where it asked me if I want to delete the partition on drive C. When I checked Yes and clicked next, True Image exit out and do nothing. I restarted it again and do the same process over and over. The result is the same. It doesn't seem to be deleting the partition as BartPE still reads drive C and all it's contents.

I tried restoring to a partition. I selected and active partition to restore to. It went to the restoration process. However, when I booted my machine, I get a missing NTLDR error message.

How do you restore an image? Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Angelo

2. asanramon

asanramon Registered Member

Nevermind this part. I had a blank floppy on my floppy drive. HAHA!

But I still could not restore to a disk. I had to manually delete the partitions and do a restore to a partition.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Hi Angelo,

As I understand it, your internal hard drive has only one partition, C. The image you made was of the entire hard drive, in other words just the C partition.

When you want to restore the image of C select the C partition as the destination. That will restore the entire disk since there are no other partitions. Confirm that the partition will be set Active and proceed.

4. bart seeker

bart seeker Guest

Where is the plug-in? I can't find it on the site anywhere?

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

You'll find the Plug-in for BarPE at www.acronis.com under "Support". However, you will need to have registered your product and logged into your account in order to actually download the file.

I've assumed we are talking about the plug-in for TI 8.0 here. I'm not sure whether it also applies to User's who have only registered TI 9.0

Regards

Last edited: Sep 22, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.