Restoring from Incremental Images

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Modred, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modred

Modred Registered Member

Greetings,

I had two miscellaneous questions on incremental images.

I make a complete image of my system partition on Monday and incremental images on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. If I delete the Friday image, can I restore from the Thursday image or are all of the images a set that will only work together as a set?

If I deleted the Wednesday image rather than the Friday image, would I be able to restore the Thursday image? I assume not.

I read the manual which states:

If you are to restore a disk (partition) from an incremental image, you must have the current image as well as at least one, or preferably all, previous incremental images and the initial complete image. The exact number of images depends on how disk contents changed between image creation procedures.

This is confusing to me.

BTW, my question is more of an academic one in that I am trying to understand how the incremental images work.

Thanks for the help.

Modred

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Modred --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

If you delete an image made on Friday, you will be able to restore from the image made on Thursday, while if you delete an image made on Wednesday, you won't be able to restore from the image made on Friday.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. Modred

Modred Registered Member

Anton,

Thanks for the help.

Modred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.