Restoring From External USB Drive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ceek2006, Jul 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceek2006

ceek2006 Registered Member

hey i have a ST380011 A USB Device (Seagate USB External drive) and when I boot the CD to restore and image, my external drive does not show up anywhere... I've tried the "acpi quiet" option but with no change.

Thanks

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

Try creating another Bootable Rescue Media CD and be sure and checkmark to install the Full Version which includes drivers for the usb.

3. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello ceek2006,

If your external is not seen from rescue environment, try the following workarounds in connection with booting into rescue environment:

- apply the "quiet acpi=off noapic" parameter as detailed in the Please Read Before You Post sticky;
    - disconnect every unneeded USB device;
    - don't use an USB hub, plug the external direcly, possibly to a rear panel port;
    - connect and power up the external drive before booting from Rescue CD;
    - wait for a minute on the selection screen to give time to the external to initialize;
    - boot into the Safe version of TI instead of the Full.

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

ceek2006,

You have some additional workarounds in the duplicate thread with the same title.

5. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Sorry I hadn't caught these dupes earlier - I've merged them together into this one thread now and I'll pull one of his 2 identical posts out.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ceek2006,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that the Bootable CD is created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post does not help then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Provide us with the exact vendor and model of the USB hard drive you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.