Restoring fom a CD/DVD-file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by F. H., Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F. H.

F. H. Registered Member

My computer has 2 HDDs with every 3 partitions. 5 are formated by NTFS and the other FAT32.
    To save my system I have ATIH 9 Build 3694 and burned it on a DVD directly.

A restoring from the DVD is unable because the Acronis cracked after testing the computer-systems.

Saving the C:\*.tib-file from the DVD to E:\ lets running the machine and brings the old backup.

Why did the ATIH-software makes such problems to restore directly? o_O

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Hi FH,

Are you using the German version? The last build for the English one is 3677.

When you say,
    exactly what happened?

Did you try restoring from the rescue CD or from within Windows?

Colin

3. F. H.

F. H. Registered Member

Yes, I'm using the GERMAN-version.

After searching of the 6 partitions (C:\ --> H:\) the program stops, the crt blacks and the computer starts Windows XP-Prof.

I try to restore the *.tib from the DVD directly but the orig. Acronis Image True Home starts from the Win-XP-Prof within the hdd.

4. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I know that this does not address your issue directly but I do not think that restoring directly from CD/DVD or USB is the best way - it just takes far to long even when it works.

I would suggest that to restore you first copy the image to a partition or second drive on your pc and restore from there. I think that even though you have to copy and then restore that you will find the total time taken is less than restoring direct.

I have just copied a tib image from a USB drive to a spare partiition ( time taken 3 minutes) and then restored (time taken 4 minutes). To restore direct takes 12 to 30 minutes depending upon the version 8, 9 or 10 used and the build.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Ahhhh ..... but not many people have a second internal drive and don't have the know-how to add one. But I would agree with you entirely about the optical media.

6. Long View

Yes but a partition can be created easily enough. I use Acronis Disk Director but other programs will do just as well. Make a partition of say 20 gig for windows and programs. Make a second partition for data and a third ( 20 gig will do) for images. Then you can make an image of C: to the image partition and an image of your data to the image partition. As the partition fills up these images can then "Quickly" be exported to an external USB or burned to DVD.

I always keep a copy of the latest system image on the Image partition to allow
    me to quickly restore C: and rarely have any need to go to images that have been archived off pc.

7. F. H.

F. H. Registered Member

OK, but is it possible to do so if there is a new hdd without an active (installed Windows XP) öperating system?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2006
  8. Long View

I'm not too clear exactly what you are trying to do But

If you copy the tib file from the DVD to a partition on your second drive ( ie the one with no operating system) you can then use ATI from within windows to restore this image to the partition on the active drive or you could use the ATI rescue CD to restore the image.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello F. H.,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this issue. Please create a screen shot of all your steps, if possible. Also, please clarify if you received any error messages during this procedure.

Could you please validate the image archives using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Backup Archive) of Acronis True Image and let us know the exact checkout result?

I would also recommend that you boot from Acronis True Image Bootable CD and try to validate/restore the image archive.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.