Restoring files from DVD using Acronis True Image Home 9.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Brakers, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brakers

Brakers Registered Member

Could someone please tell me the procedure to restore files to a computer from a DVD . I copied the contents of my hard drive to a folder then burned them onto 4 DVD's. I open the restore wizard but get completely lost and have been unable to follow the system.
    I would be extremely grateful for any advice. I have been to the Acronis site but have not found any information at all on how to do this. I am using Windows XP professional.

Thank You

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brakers,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that in order to restore\verify the image archive spanned over several CDs\DVDs you should insert the last created CD\DVD first (disc that contains the last volume of the image archive) and then follow the wizard's instructions.

If you want to restore individual files\folders from the image archive spanned over several CDs\DVDs then please note that in order to mount a disk\partition image spanned over several CDs\DVDs by means of the embedded Mount Image tool you should copy all files from all discs to one separate folder on your hard drive and only after that start a mounting process.

Please also note that even if you do not have the ability to copy all files from all discs to one separate folder on your hard drive (e.g. there is not enough free space), you still can restore individual files and folders from the image archive spanned over a several CDs\DVDs using Recovery Wizard. In this case you should insert the last created CD\DVDs first (CD\DVD that contains the last volume of the image archive) and then follow the wizard's instructions.

You can find more information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

If you still can not restore image spanned over several DVDs then please provide us with the more detailed information on the problem:

- What operating system do you use?

- What build number of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home do you use?

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

- Are you trying to restore a file-based backup or a disk\partition image?

- How exactly did you write this particular image archive to DVDs?

- How exactly did you split it into several parts?

- Do you receive any error, warning or informational messages upon your attempts to restore this image? What exact messages? When exactly do you receive them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Brakers

Brakers Registered Member

Hi Alex

Many thanks- I am using windows XP professional
    I have Acronis True Image Home version 3,567-
    I am Trying to restore a file-based system back-up.
    I copied the contents of may hard drive (about 14Gb to a folder on my drive, then used Nero to burn it onto 4 DVD's.
    I went into Options In Acronis then to Archive Splitting and set the archive size to 2Gb.
    So far, when attempting to restore the file from the DVD I follow the prompts In Acronis but when I click on Proceed the following error message appears:"Operation has completed with errors. Please see log for more details.
    Step by step, here is what I do:Click Recovery, then next,then in Archive Selection, I select the CD drive icon then click on the Icon that drops down from the CD drive (the backup). Then I click Next, then select New location,then click next and click a file location (in this case a folder created on my desktop, then Next and Next again select Use Default Options,Next, Select Do not overwrite existing files,Next, then click Proceed.After this I get the error message I quoted above.

I hope this gives you more to go on. I would be grateful for a reply.

Thank you

Regards

Paul Brandes
    -

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Brakers,

Please save the log file from Acronis True Image 9.0 Home that contains the error message.

In order to do so please do the following:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log with error messages;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Could you please also verify the image archives using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Backup Archive) of Acronis True Image?

After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected file along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.