Restoring data take too much time...why is that?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by sawadin, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sawadin

sawadin Registered Member

I have installed my new hard disk to my pc and trying to restore my image data back from external hard disk which has my data in it .
    I insert the progan boot CD into my cd drive that I created before to reboot .
    after started the to restore the progress Information windows shows the time as: 17:02:15 .....does this mean that it is going to take restoring for 17 days?
    if yes why it is so slow ?
    my hard disk image is only 60GIG.
    I can't believe this.
    please someone tell me what can I do for fast result.
    Regards

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Those numbers 17 hrs, 2 minutes and 15 seconds but that's only a rough estimate and they will normally go down after starting the process.

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Like wptski says, this number is a just a wild starting point. The actual number is determined by a running average calculaton which gets more accurate as the process proceeds.

However, the recovery environment is Linux and if there isn't good driver support for your hardware the time to restore can be long. A very rough estimate for the time to do a recovery might be something like twice as long as it took to create the archive using Windows.

An option that usually provides improved performance is to use the WinPE recovery CD available with the paid versions. WinPE is a Windows enviroment and it therefore uses Windows drivers so it takes any of the Linux driver issues out of the problem.

One thing you might consider trying if nothing is making sense is to plug the external USB drive into a rear USB connector. Sometimes drives are not recognized as USB2 drives because of the extra cable length to the front-panel USB connectors. USB 1 is 40X slower than USB2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.