restoring backed up folders

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by booch11, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Do you still have corrupt image problems?

2. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Try running TI's Check Archive.

3. booch11

booch11 Registered Member

seek:
    not sure what you mean by corrupt image problems. if you mean is the "image" i took of the HD, i backed up files and folders. the destination HD was smaller than the source so i just backed up what i needed. is that what you mean? and if so, then yes, the .tib files appear to be corrupt.

howard:
    i'll run the check archive and will post results.

4. booch11

booch11 Registered Member

ok, when i check archive, remembering i have 9 .tib files, i get three different answers.
    1. this is by far the most popular, "the selected file is not an acronis true image file."
    2. in one file i see, "this is not the last created volume of the backup archive. please insert the last created volume to start working with this archive."
    3. "this is volume 9 of multivolume image archive. MyBackup.tib. no description is avaiable for this archive.

#3 is allowing me to check it -- and i'm checking it right now.
    the operation stopped telling me the file is corrupted. e0004000d: the file is corrupted. a possible reason may be poor media quality. please press retry to continue with volume 8 or press cancel to cancel the operation.

it doesn't look good.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Ayup, you probably had a corrupted archive.

Try restoring starting with archive n.
    If that doesn't work, try n-1.
    Etc.

When backing up, you really should be backing up to at least ywo uSB drives, so if one has a problem, you can fall back to another. Do you have an older backup?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.