Restoring Automatically

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by slisir, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slisir

slisir Registered Member

I am wanting to restore an image to a active partition automatically.

I am having a hard time figuring out a way to do this, that I can find this isn't a feature in the program.

What I need is for the computer to restore from the Acronis Safezone everytime the computer is Restarted or Shutdown. Eitherway would work. I am thinking shutdown would be better because after the restore it makes you restart the computer, and to restore the active partition you have to do it before the OS (WindowsXP) is loaded.

Any work arounds on this? Any ideas on making a script?

I don't know of how to do it on shutdown. So I was going to try it on startup.

What I was thinking of doing, was changing the f11.cfg to where it will start the Startup Manager after 3 seconds unless someone presses f11. Then from there I want it to automatically start the restore, nothing that a user would have to do. Problem is, at the moment, it opens the Recovery Manager, then after you do everything required to restore it. You exit the manager, and it restarts the computer. I noticed it uses 2 files for this, ramdisk.dat and kernal.dat. I really don't know if there is a way to script it so it will do this for me, or if I need to edit or hack the recovery manager, by changing the commands it uses to open the program, which I am guess I would have to edit one of those dat files.

Any Ideas?

Hopefully I didn't miss anything about this in the manual or when I was searching in the forums. I apologize if I did.

2. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.