restoring and exploring image with multi-dvd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aperture66, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aperture66

aperture66 Registered Member

i have this problem..
    i just finished creating an image backup of my drive using 6 dvdr, the image file was splitted at 2GB each for each files..
    i was just wondering.. if can I explore my image via dvdr without extracting it? i tried this a while ago and told me to insert the last image and it did continue but after i pressed proceed to assign a letter for the image drive.. it then says that "cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive"
    does it mean that i have to copy all the image files to a free hard drive inorder for me to browse my files? are there any other way to view my files by not copying it to my hard drive but just directly to the dvdr.. anyway if i want to restore my image to another hard drive using multiple dvdr does that mean i still have to copy all the images to another hard drive?? i cant spare anymore space for the image.. anyway please enlighten me on this.. thanks..

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello aperture66,

In order to explore an image that has been created across multiple CD/DVDs you first need to copy all the individual .tib files back to a single partition or folder on your hard drive.

You don't need to do this when restoring an image from a multiple CD/DVD set. Just remember to insert the last disk first, after which TI will prompt you for the first, second etc.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.