Restoring a multi-volume image

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by mf need help, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mf need help

mf need help Registered Member

Sep 17, 2008
    My system crashed and a technician replaced my windows XP home edition with windows XP professional. I was able to have all my data as he backed it up first. Much later did I realize that he did not back up my MS Outlook data and Outlook express data. Luckily I have an exact image back up of my hard disk when it was still using XP home edition; this image back up was created using Acronis True Image Home 9.1.

The back-up image consists of 7 volumes. Since outlook data is not like a discrete file, I will need to restore all 7 volumes to create an exact replica of how my hard disk used to be.

When I try to mount the image as a virtual disk, acronis forces me to assign a different virtual disk drive letter to each volume. I cannot recover outlook data that way. I need to be able to restore all 7 volumes to form 1 virtual disk or clone it to a hard disk.

How do I do this? Please help. I urgently need detailed instructions of how to do this through Acronis True image Home 9.1. Many thanks in advance
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.