Restored windows reboots on splash screen

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Mr909, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr909

Mr909 Registered Member

Hello.

I have a 2TB RAID0 array (2x Seagate 1TB disks) with two partitions, dual booting Windows Server 2008R2 and Windows 7x64 Ultimate.

- Windows 7 Partition is 1,2TB but almost empty (around 1,1TB free)
    - Windows Server partition is 600GB with only 35GB of data inside it (560GB free)

Lately one of the member disks is showing signs of death - many bad sectors appearing daily and today an "error occured" message in Intel Storage Matrix.

Yet both partitions remain bootable and would be great if I could save them.

Now the only spare disk I have is a WD 500GB but the known problem of restoring windows image backup to smaller drive had me stuck.

I installed Paragon Backup and Recovery (Advanced) Free and backed up whole disk to an external USB drive.Then I restored to the WD disk each partition setting partition geometry settings (boot, Windows 7, Windows 200:cool: respectively.All seemed to be fine.

Now trying the new restored disk.

Boot menu displays correctly.But when selecting either OS to launch, both crash at the splash screen (windows logo formation) and a reboot occurs

I then tried the windows 7 DVD and chose to repair my installation.But when the repair process starts it doesn't detect a windows installation!? All I get is a blank box as if the disk was empty.

Launching a cmd and diskpart doesn't show the disk either.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Could you please post here a screenshot of Windows Disk Management & B&R full scale launcher with source and target HDD connected?

* right-click on 'My computer' and choose 'Manage';
    * select 'Disk Management' in 'Storage';
    * maximize the window;
    * click 'PrintScreen' key on the keyboard to capture the screen into the Windows Clipboard;
    * paste the image and save it as JPG, GIF or PNG file;

Then create screen of B&R full scale launcher the same way and post both pics here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.