restored image of C drive doesn't boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by LyndaT, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LyndaT

LyndaT Registered Member

The C drive crashed on my Dell Latitude last week and I thought restoring it would be no big deal since I had a current image with ATI 8. After waiting 5 days for Dell to get a replacement disk to me using my "next day on site service", the disk arrived without any instructions whatsoever. I have installed the disk and verified and restored the image successfully but the disk does not boot. The message says "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem. Could not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. " What does this mean and how do I fix it? I am traveling and do not have any disks or documentation (but most docs can be found online.)

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

3. LyndaT

LyndaT Registered Member

Sorry, I just followed the link from Acronis' web site and it brought me here (after some login hassles.)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello LyndaT,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify if you have create the image of the entire hard drive or of the system partition only? What is the operating system you are using?

Please also clarify if you restored the image of the entire hard drive or of the system partition only. Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.