restore1.tib & restore2.tib on same disc ?????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dan409, Mar 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan409

dan409 Guest

When I create a full system image to DVD+RW I end up with 2 restore.tib files being created that are the exact same size. I don't understand why the TI8 bld 800 is creating two identical images.
    Which image would I restore from? does it make any difference o_O?
    I have ran the check image on both files and they check out fine. I have also explored both images and they are identical as far as I can tell....

Thanks

Dan

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Dan,

My guess is that they aren't two identical images but that they are two parts of the same image.

When imaging direct to DVD RW, for ISO 9660 compatability reasons, TI splits the image file into 2 gigabyte chunks. Each part will be named and incremented <your file name>1.tib, <your file name>2.tib. Further parts will also be incremented and recorded onto additional disks as necessary.

When checking, exploring or restoring an image it doesn't matter which part you select, TI will know that they are all part of the same image.

One thing to be aware of though is that you can't check or explore an image that has been split across two or more CDs/DVDs. In this case, all parts of the image will need to be copied back to a single partition or folder on your hard drive and checked/explored from there.

Regards

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Menorcaman,

I need to correct you in one thing. You can check the image splitted over several CDs or DVDs. The only thing you need to do is to insert the last CD (DVD) first and then follow the instructions you get.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. dan409

dan409 Guest

Menorcaman and Ilya, thank you very much for the response. Really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions. It sure does make my purchase of this prog a whole lot more enjoyable... Thanks Again !!!!!!

Dan

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Ilya,

Oops! Silly me. Many thanks for correction.

Kind regards
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.