Restore Wizard at boot is missing now

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Skyehook, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyehook

Skyehook Registered Member

Last time I needed to do a restore, it was truly wonderful to find a restore wizard when I tried to bootup & couldn't do it. The restore wizard did the restore from my USB external harddrive so fast 7 easy, it was a miracle! But NOW the sentence at boot that offers to do a restore is GONE. I have many of Paragon's software on this PC, & I wonder if 1 of them caused it to go away, or what. Which 1 of Paragons software from the following list will put that bootup wizard back? What must I do to get it back? I don't know how else to restore if my PC won't even boot. Plus whatever one I used first time let me keep using my PC while it did the backup image, & now the 2 of your products I used recently didn't allow me to keep using my PC while they ran. Yes, I tried to figure it out from all I could find on your site, but I couldn't.
    List of Paragon software I have installed-
    Paragon Backup & Recovery 10.1 free edition
    Paragon Backup & Recovery 10 Compact Edition
    Paragon Drive Backup 9.0 Express
    Paragon Drive Copy 9. Personal SE
    Paragon Hard Disk manager 2010 Suite
    Paragon Partition Manager 10. Personal
    Paragon Partition Manager 9.5 Pro
    Paragon Virtualization Manager 2009
    -Also, I know that's probably too many products for 1 PC, but I have no idea which ones I could uninstall & not be missing something. Can you please advise on that also?
    But mostly I need to know which products offer to do restore at bootup, & what to do to get that feature back. NEED it! PLEASE HELPo_O
    Thanks so much for any help, & for creating all this wonderful software! You people are so special! :) I love all your products! Thanks in advance! :)

2. Paragon_MattK

Paragon_MattK Paragon Moderator

Hello,

It sounds like you had a backup capsule installed on your system. (This was the restore option available when booting the system.) To re-install it, go to Wizards=>Backup Utilities=>Manage Backup Capsule.

As far as what software to use, Hard Disk Manager Suite 2010 will have just about everything, except P2V Copy/Restore which are available in VM2009, so I recommend keeping only those installed.

3. Skyehook

Skyehook Registered Member

Thank you SOOOOO much! I will do both those things right now! I'm so grateful that you knew the answers & posted them! Very honestly, Paragon has not only the best software on the market today, but also has the best, most responsive support staff I have ever dealt with. You have a 100% fan here! Paragon software is truly a Paragon of virtue! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.