Restore via ftp in any linux based recovery disks?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Lazerus1, Dec 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazerus1

Lazerus1 Registered Member

I have Paragon Backup and Recovery Suite 10, which includes a linux based recovery disk with Paragon Drive Backup 10 on it. It seems ftp connections are not available in the linux version and can only be made from within windows or the winpe environment.

Is the ftp option available in any other (linux based) product?

Is it possible to backup and restore via ftp using any of Paragons (other products) linux based recovery disks?

2. ceeldee

ceeldee Registered Member

If you have the paid for product you can download the WinPE Recovery CD from the Paragon website. Cheers

3. Lazerus1

Lazerus1 Registered Member

Yes, I have the WinPE Recovery Disk, and it works if I go through the trouble of manually loading the network drivers. But if I use the WinPE disk, I still need to reboot and use a linux disk (or the B&R10 linux based recovery cd) to run grub, verify that all the files are there, and edit a few things. The linux based recovery cd also detects my network card automatically and boots a lot faster, so I would prefer to use the linux based recovery disk to do everything, if possible.

Also, are there any Paragon Recovery Disk versions that would allow me to not just view files (in the GUI) but edit them too? I've been using linux commands (with the B&R10 Suite linux based recovery disk) to edit files (which isnt bad). I just want to make sure I am not missing any features, that might be present in another Paragon product with a different (linux based) recovery disk.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.