Restore software-what is your choice?

Discussion in 'polls' started by aigle, Mar 27, 2006.

?

what is your choice?

1. RollbackRx

33 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. FirstDefence

54 vote(s)
    27.7%
  3. DeepFreeze

7 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. CleanSlate

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  5. ShadowUser

12 vote(s)
    6.2%
  6. Norton GoBack

10 vote(s)
    5.1%
  7. Restore it

5 vote(s)
    2.6%
  8. Others( pls specify).

73 vote(s)
    37.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

FirstDefense-ISR is the fastest recovery solution, I've ever seen and ShadowProtect is only needed when FDISR can't fix it.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Norton Ghost has never failed me so I stick with it.:thumb:

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I messed my registry with a stupid thing, and now I've to format my PC... :mad:

After format, I will take a look at the FirstDefense-ISR, or at least starting to backup my system regulary because the System Restore is a great S**T... :)

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I don't have any experience with this type of software, but from what I read I really liked the concept of RollBack Rx, but it have problems when we want to defrag the system :(
    The version 8.2 will have a solution for that...

Paragon Hard Disk Manager now have a new feature, the Backup Console, that seems similar to FirstDefence-ISR, but I still have to test them...

I'm looking for a solution to recover my system from some problems, but seems difficult to choose...

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Immediate Rescue = FirstDefense-ISR

Imaging Rescue = Paragon Drive Backup Pro

Paragon absorbs EVERYTHING of FD-ISR and nicely replaces in again like b4.

I actually use Rollback Rx on another PC but it doesn't hold a candle to FD-ISR in my own TRUST department.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Acronis True Image. Have used versions 7.0, 8.0 and 9.0 and never had a failure to restore.

Regards

Menorcaman

7. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

ShadowUser for safe surfing and Acronis TI 9 for real emergencies.

I've been using SU for almost 2 years, and Acronis for a year without a single issue.

8. Seer

Seer Registered Member

Hello.

I voted for FD-ISR as I am using it, but looking more into RollbackRx lately. Not that I had problems with FD-ISR, just out of curiosity...

There should be a separate poll for imaging software. The contendants here do different kind of job.

Cheers.

9. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

First Defense IRS+ Paragon Hard Disk Manager 8.5

10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

The fact is you can do so much more with FD-ISR then Rollback Rx can offer right now thanks to it's creation feature of (10) snapshots and unlimited archives. Rollback can't do that.

For the huge customizations enthusiast like myself, FirstDefense affords you to customize each and every snapshot to your own creative designs and allows you to archive the same so you never lose your handiwork.

Another Super-Kool Freeware Desktop Enhancement i'll share with members:

DeskProjection

11. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Hi Easter,this site is redflagged by Site Advisor!??!

12. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

What kind of question is that?

13. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

Sorry,but thats not a question,rather a statement (be cautious),McAfee Site Advisor has something to tell yu.

14. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

If that link was not safe i wouldn't have posted it.

I don't put as much stock in Site Advisor's as some come to depend on. They are known to issue FALSE misleading data.

I hit that site a dozen times before and again today without even a pop up. So what is the concern exactly?

15. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

i dont questening your integrity as you may think so,but i have to rely on something that saved my butt a few times in the past.And for "So what is the concern exactly"have a talk with McAfee.

16. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I suggest you stay away from there then if McAfee tells you to, but as for me having a talk with McAfee, that would be the same as talking with Norton.

BTW, and FWIW, System Safety Monitor tells me the T.R.U.T.H.

17. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Rollback Rx = BSOD-killer.
    Rollback Rx = fastest snapshot backup/restore method, I've ever seen.
    Rollback Rx = works with multi-boot systems
    Rollback Rx = multiple work/test environments
    Rollback Rx = Uninstaller and Installer of softwares
    Rollback Rx = Super cleaner
    Rollback Rx = total freedom in how to use it
    Rollback Rx = userfriendly, reliable, versatile, etc. etc. etc.
    Rollback Rx = Almost unlimited snapshots
    Rollback Rx = Allows user to set password to protect from unauthorized users
    Rollback Rx = More secure than most against programs like Killdisk
    Rollback Rx = Easy to purchase. At Raxco under products I don't even see FDISR listed. Am I missing something? If I am I apologize.
    Rollback Rx = Ability to freeze a snapshot basically like some other programs
    Rollback Rx = Ability to recover individual files/folders while in another snapshot
    Rollback Rx = Ability to disable direct disk I/O on some chipsets
    Rollback Rx = User can schedule snapshots at various times
    Rollback Rx = Delete snapshots automatically after they are a certain number of days old
    Rollback Rx = As far as I know know other software can view its data, so corrupting its data with malicious software would be very hard imho.
    Rollback Rx = etc....

I'm glad we can all choose the software that fits our needs. Hope you didn't mind I borrowed your format.

Not sure why you say Rollback can't do unlimited archives since as far as I know it can and it also will do way more than 10 snapshots. As far as customizing goes it seems you must not have looked into Rollback very much because from my experience it is way more customizable.

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  18. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Since I obviously have FDISR licenses and since I have just renewed both of my Rollback licenses, because indeed Rollback has advantages, and it is working happily with FDISR, I'll jump in here with a question for Chris.

I can easily maintain any number of off disk archives with FDISR, with different configs if I so chose. Updating them is quick, and restoring them varies from fast to not so fast depending on how I do it. I don't see any comparable way to do this with Rollback, and I think that is what Easter was refering too.

If wrong Chris would you elaborate

Pete

19. Chris12923

Long time no talk Peter. Hope all is well with you. Well as far as off disk archives Rollback can do store these as well. Although I am not quite sure what you mean when you say different configs. Can you please elaborate on this.

Thanks,

Chris

20. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

All is indeed well. When I say different configs, it's like having 10 totally different snapshot stored off disk in archives. I looked at how Rollback has implemented the off disk stuff, and it is way clumsy, forcing folks into the BartePe realm. Don't misunderstand me I am not trying to be critical of Rollback as I just bought two new copies. Just a realistic assesment that when it comes to off disk archiving FDISR still is king. Just as when it comes to purespeed of taking snapshots, and restoring to one, it's tough to beat Rollback.

I love the combo of the two.

Pete

21. Chris12923

I would agree with you that ease of use for off disk snapshots does belong to FDISR but that does not mean Rollback can not do it which is what it looked like Easter was saying. Both programs do have their benefits as you have mentioned and glad to see you have implimented Rollback with FDISR and given it another chance.

Thanks,

Chris

P.S. Congrats on becoming a Mod Pete!!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  22. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Hi Chris, it's been a while since I've seen you around here... How's the guy who first turned me on to my all time favorite program, Rollback Rx. Once I look past my 'heart attacks' from RB's earlier builds, I must say I now can't live without it! :p

Take care, pv

23. Chris12923

I'm doing good and I hope you are too! I'm glad Rollback is working out for you as much as it is for me. I hope to start becoming more frequent in the forums again.

Thanks,

Chris

24. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Acronis True Image for full restore capability.
    FD-ISR on modern Desktops - using freeze
    DeepFreeze to be used on laptops and old desktops. FD-ISR frozen snapshot takes far too long on boot and reboot on my laptops and old desk machines.

comments made earlier say that newly installed programs are lost on rebooting with DeepFreeze. This may have been true earlier but is not longer the case.
    Deepfreeze can be set to reboot any number of times in thawed mode to allow for ne programs. I also like the way that defrag remains correct after reboot which was a problem with FD-ISR and Perfect Disk.

I know it costs money to buy several but all of the programs considered have advantages and disadvantages depending upon hardware and ways the machine is used and.

25. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Hi Chris

I think theres some confusion so allow me to be more specific so it helps. In my statement that Rollback Rx cannot do that i have to ask this, and then perhaps you can see what i was referring to specifically. I apologize for the vagueness of my simple line and out reply.

Does Rollback in creating snapshots make COMPLETE snapshots or only create a single COMPLETE snapshot with files/folders etc. which all other (considered snapshots) are but references or a fraction either of or added to the "one" main snapshot.
    Not to say that isn't a beneficial space saving concept for many which it does seems to offer, but in my statement earlier i need to clarify i'm speaking of creating COMPLETE snapshots and COMPLETE archives, hence the space differentials between the two recovery programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.