Restore says it will take 1 day and 23 hours

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Skyline, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyline

Skyline Registered Member

I very recently purchased a new HP Pavilion m7760n M77609N 7760 M7760 m7760 7760N 7760n (duplicates to help searching) to run Vista.

Specs:
    ASUS motherboard based upon the Intel 945G chipset
    E6400 Processor
    2Gbytes of memory
    250 Gbyte SATA disk
    USB disks

I installed Vista from the HP preload that was on the D drive partition and promptly discovered that Ghost 10.0 would not run. Symantec says that they will have an update in the near future so I bought Acronis.
    Hats off to Acronis for having such a critical piece of SW ready for Vista.

I am able to make a Full C: Backup to a USB disk from within Vista but I am having no success doing a Restore to any disk.

1) Booted True Image Home Build 4871 from CD with the "Safe" option.
    This option is not supposed to support USB devices but it does see my USB disks. The system boots very quickly into TI with this option.

When I try and do a Restore, as soon as I click on "Location for Restore". the mouse gets really slow and jerky as though the CPU is running something.

Eventually I am able to enter the appropriate responses and the Restore seems to start BUT the progess indiator does not move after 5 minutes.

After a few more minutes, the progress indicator says "time remaining 1 day 23 hours"

This is obvipously wrong so I rebooted the machine.

2) Booted True Image Home Build 4871 from CD with the "FULL" option.
    This takes a LONG time to boot into TI.

When it eventually starts, there are NO usb disks listed as choices for Backup or Restore

3) Tried both 1 & 2 with the suggested "acpi=off noapic"

NO difference.

I have searched this forum and have not found any posts like this nor any that specifically mention the 945 chipset.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank You

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Skyline,

Could be a similar problem to that affecting the Intel 965 chipset. See this previous <Acronis Support reply>.

Regards

3. Skyline

Skyline Registered Member

Thanks for the reply.

I had read that post before I made this one and my problem is different.

Also, I have a 945G chipset not the 965.

Currently my workaround is to put a spare SATA disk in my machine and use that for backup/resore.
    It is more cumbersone than using a removable USB disk but since I backup the disk image to a DAT tape, 'cumbersome' is a relative term.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I realised that. Hence reason I said "Could be a similar problem to that affecting the Intel 965 chipset".

Regards

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Have you considered making a BartPE boot disk with TI? With Windows drivers, this may work well with your USB drives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.