Restore Registry Backup w/Comodo installed

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rilla927, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried to restore a registry backup with Comodo installed?

I use Registrar Registry Manager by Resplendence and this is the first time I could not restore the registry.

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Have you tried it with registry protection off? Or, if possible, exclude CPF keys from backup.

3. Rilla927

I was using version 2.3. I don't remember it having registry protection, if it does please point it out. I don't have it installed at the moment.

I realized if you make a mistake by allowing something there is no way to undo it. The Comodo forum suggested to block all and restart if needed and it does not work. Once you allow it thats it. That's one reason I uninstalled it. The other is because it had a bad conflict on my particular system with Online Armor. OA was constantly crashing. Since I have uninstalled Comodo OA no longer crashes.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

2.2 did not have reg protection, 2.3 does, uncheck that at the bottom.
    Also try to turn off Aplication Behaviour Analysis and Component Control.
    I would guess, that one of those two or both cause Online Armor to crash.

5. Rilla927

Okay, I forgot about it.

The worst thing I found is you can't undo a mistake once it's allowed, that is nutso_O

6. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Hi, (disclaimer - only just installed comodo, so may be completely wrong)
    What do you mean make a mistake? If you accidentally allowed an app internet access, can't you just go to application control, and edit the rule from there ie change to (application), any, any, any, block? Or would that only work if you had pressed remember? argus

7. Rilla927

I don't mean an app. I mean SVCHOST acting as a server. There is no way to undo it. That sucks. The writing is so small and hard to read also. At least in ZA Pro you have the option to either grant access or block for server rights. Comodo has no option like that at all with in the program itself which is needed.

Comodo couldn't process the rules quick enough either therefore sometimes my system would lock up because of it.

It couldn't remember rules that were already made and would keep asking, not all the time, but half of the time and it got annoying. And it doesn't get a long with Online Armor at all on my system, it constantly crashed.

I emailed Comodo about it and they said would TRY to investigate it and closed the ticket. Not a good sign that they are genuinely concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.