Restore question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by acvb, Mar 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acvb

acvb Registered Member

Hi Guys.
    I have played with vista and now want to go back to XP pro backup. I come to a restore screen in Arconis that I'm not sure what to checkmark.

Which do I put a checkmark in ? NTFS (C:) or MBR and Track 0

Doing a C: partition full install (WinXP Pro)(no dual boot system)
    thanks

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Since you have had Vista on the machine it might have an imcompatible MBR so I would replace them both. In TI9 you can only select one at at time so I would select NTFS C first (no good reason to select it first) and then proceed through the wizard. When it gets to the screen that says something like "do you want to restore another partition?" select Yes. This will loop you back to the partition selection screen and you can then put the tick in the MBR Track0 box and proceed from there.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello acvb,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that boot process of the computer with Windows Vista operation system installed is differ from the system with Windows XP. Therefore, in order to restore the image of Windows XP based system over the Windows Vista you should restore the MBR as well.

During a single session, you can restore several partitions or disks, one by one, by selecting one disk and setting its parameters first and then repeating these actions for every partition or disk to be restored. Follow seekforever's instructions to accomplish this task.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.