RESTORE PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by fredu, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredu

fredu Registered Member

I HAVE JUST INSTALLED ACRONIS TRUE IMAGE 10.O I BACKED UP MY ENTIRE COMPUTER CONENT TO A MAXTOR EXTERNAL H/D WHEN I GO TO RESTORE I CANNOT GET THE NEXT BUTTON TO WORK WHEN I SELECT ANY OF THE ITEMS ON THE TREE ON THE LEFT(except for aol and Toshiba...)??
    YET THE DATA IS ON THE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE WHEN I OPEN IT.
    PLEASE HELP.
    I WOULD LIKE TO RESTORE MY ENTIRE COMP.PROGRAMS,ETC.

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You're not trying to run the Restore from the software within Windows are you? What build number of version 10 is it?

3. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi Fredu,
    I'm sure the reason is because you picked up the wrong file/item to restore.Open up every single file into the tree to make sure you get the right one.

4. fredu

fredu Registered Member

I am not sure what you mean by within windows,I am usingb the acronis program to restore,not sure about the build number,it is not on the box but I just purchsed it(version 10).
    regards
    fred

5. fredu

fredu Registered Member

Hello Babac,

Indeed I tried every file in the tree,the only 2 that allow me to click next are toshiba and aol....strange??
    Thank you
    Fred

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You cannot use the Acronis program that you have installed on the drive to restore a Whole Drive Backup Image to that same drive. You have to use the bootable True Image cd.

7. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

fredu,
    Check my guides below. Perhaps they can help.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello fredu,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that you can find the detailed instructions on how to restore the data from the image archive (*.tib file) in chapter 6. "Restoring the backup data" in the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide.

We would also recommend that you download and install the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

The build number of Acronis True Image can be found in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 4 digit number).

Would also like to correct DwnNdrty's a bit.

Please note that one can start the restoration process both when using Acronis True Image under Windows and when booted your computer from Acronis True Image Bootable CD. The only restriction is that the image archive should not be stored on the same drive/partition where you are restoring the image archive.

In case with the restoration process was initiated under Windows, Acronis True Image will prompt you to reboot the system to compete the restoration. Please check this FAQ article for more details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.