Restore Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FrostByte101, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostByte101

FrostByte101 Registered Member

I have just Purchased the Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation software and have created a bootable recovery disk. I am new to this product but I was able to create an full backup image to one of our network drives. One of our Dell Precision 380 computers has a failing hard drive and we have received a replacement hard drive from Dell. I have attempted to restore the system with the image stored on our network and I get an error message saying that there was a hardware related problem and the computer could not boot. Is there anything that I am missing? I have gone through the instructions but I cannot see any glaring errors that I might have made. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Frost

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello FrostByte101,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if you created the image archive on one hardware configuration and later restore the created image to the different hardware (motherboard, hard drive controller, processor etc) you will most likely face with problems on booting the restored system. Acronis allows you to overcome this issue with help of Acronis Universal Restore. Acronis Universal Restore is a special plug-in for Acronis True Image Corporate products line that allows you to restore the system to a different hardware. Please find more information about Acronis Universal Restore in Chapter 3.7 "Acronis Universal Restore" of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.