Restore Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jvelas, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvelas

jvelas Registered Member

Hi, I recently backed-up several files and folders from my HDD using True Image 9.0 (build 2,324). I backed-up these data on DVDs. The restore process seemed to work just fine, up until the second-to-last volume, in which one particular file had problems. True Image's restore process stays on that file for more than 8 hours without being able to restore it. The weird thing is that I do not get any error message (such as a redundancy cycle) and I cannot continue restoring the other files. I do not mind losing that particular file, but the rest of the restore process is unable to continue. Any hints as to how I can skip this file and restore all other files of my data?

Many thanks!

--Juan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Juan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please download and install the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

Please also check each partition of the destination hard drive by Windows Utility:

- For Windows 9x please use Windows menu Start\Run then enter the command "scandskw" and test all drives;

- For Windows XP please use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command
    "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive.

Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

If the problem still persists after installing the update and checking the hard drive then please try not to restore the file(s) restoration process hangs on, i.e. uncheck it on the respective Recovery Wizard screen (see the example below) and see the result.

If that does not help either then please copy all volumes of the multivolume image archive from all discs to one separate folder on your hard drive and try to restore the image once more (try excluding the files as well).

If the problem still persists then please check your image archive by means of the embedded Check Archive tool both when the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 is runnig from under Windows and when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0. Let is know the result.

Please note that in order to verify\restore the image archive spanned over several CDs\DVDs you should insert the last created CD\DVD first (disc that contains the last volume of the image archive) and then follow the wizard's instructions.

Please also let us know which file the image restoration process hangs on. Do you restore files to their original location or to the new one?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Attached Files:

3. hhoyt

hhoyt Registered Member

Hi Juan -

I have had a terrible time with DVD restore.

Assuming your OS can read the DVD's try this:
    copy all .tib files to a directory on your HD and run the restore against the copy on your HD.

Good luck !

Howard

4. jvelas

jvelas Registered Member

Thank you Alex and Howard!

Indeed my problems are DVD related. I tried doing what you suggested, Howard, but while copying all .tib volumes my DVD stays forever in that specific second-to-last one. I guess its media related. Thus, I could not try that workaround.

Alex, I did what you suggested too, and downloaded the most recent update. However, I cannot select the files as you show in your message and I do not know why. I only get the Volumes (.tib files) but cannot view the contents of each of these. Perhaps I am missing something?

Thank you,

--Juan

5. jvelas

jvelas Registered Member

Please disregard my last post. I found the option to uncheck a file for restoring. I was able to restore all other files with the exception of the corrupted ones in the archive. I guess DVDs are not as reliable as I once thought.

Thanks for the help!

--Juan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.