restore problems, boot problems, suicide problems!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RookOrn, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RookOrn

RookOrn Registered Member

hi there,

running version 8 with the latest version and having a few problems.

The normal boot disc hangs at the 'loading' screen, and whilst trying to restore an image onto another hardrive it says the image may be corrupt of the media has been dissconected (which it hasn't).

However then i didnt think an image restore was neccessary as all i needed back were the files in My Documents. However the 'explore' function won't allow access to this. Any ideas how i can gain access to my user so i can get in and copy my files out?

Thanks

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Are you saying that you are unable to "plug in" an image when you open TI in Windows?

Xpilot

3. RookOrn

First time i tried to restore the image it went all the way to about 90% unitll and error occured, however now it won't even start in Windows.

4. RookOrn

The error i recieve when trying to restore the image is:

"Failed to read from the image archive file. Possible reasons may be either the archive is corrupted, the media contains bad sectors, or the media was ejected."

anyone got any ideas?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RookOrn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify what exactly error message you received when you try to restore the image archive? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took that led you to this error.

Please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Note that since you use an older version of Acronis True Image you should press F11 button when the "Starting Acronis Loader..." message appears and not when the selection screen appears (Acronis True Image 8.0 Bootable Rescue CD does not have any selection screen).

Could you please clarify what exactly happen when you trid to mount the image as a virtual drive? Did you recieved any error messages?

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. RookOrn

thanks for your reply guys.

I've decided to rid of this problem and do it another way....

I need to move the image files off of my current hard drive, however when trying to move them i get a corrupt error on the 7th image file.
    So my first question is...is there anyway of moving these files without getting the error, or repairing the image files?

Secondly...is there anyway of running Acronis (to use the explore function) in Safe Mode?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RookOrn,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please download and install the trial version (3666) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3666.

Please try to explore the image within Windows and see the results. Please also create the new bootable rescue media with the trial version and try to restore your image in rescue mode with it.

I'm afraid that Explore image option is not available when you boot your computer from the bootable rescue media (Full or Safe version).

Please let us know your results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.