Restore Point Creator

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Derson, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derson

Derson Registered Member

Hi all. Recently I have been trying an amazing tool, Restore Point Creator.
    -http://www.toms-world.org/blog/restore_point_creator-
    Is very good and useful, you know, create snapshots with Windows built in manager.
    why I recommend it?
    - free
    - Strongly updated by its author
    - Portable and installable Version
    Clear and friendly interface
    Intuitive control of all snapshots, with ability to create new, delete, manage free space, etc., etc..
    I tried it and it works great. I created several snapshots easily and in 2 or 3 minutes have passed from one another smoothly.
    If the system does not start, as you know, with any recovery cd solved.

Well, here you have a solution free, simple and safe.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
  2. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Thank you for the info. Derson :)

This appears to enhance Windows System Restore by making it easier and quicker to create restore points and adds features not offered by Windows.

Keep in mind that for a much more complete solution, of course it is strongly recommended to find a reliable drive imaging program that offers you the ability to completely restore your operating system in the event windows becomes unstable or will not boot, etc.

Windows system restore in Windows 7 has become much more mature and reliable at what it offers, but drive imaging offers a much more complete means to restore ones operating system far beyond what Windows system restore can accomplish.

Glad to hear you like it and thanks again for the information. For those who use system restore feature, it may be something that could benefit them :)

Jim

3. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

4. Derson

Derson Registered Member

Thanks FanJ for the info, I feel that this tool has a nice future.

5. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I agree with Jim1cor13s suggestion and would recommend that you take a look at AX64 as a possible candidate. There is a very large thread regarding AX64 on this forum so you might want to start by asking about the benefits of AX64 and take it from there. Oh yes, AX64 is a hybrid snapshot imaging program. Its not free but even at this early stage of development it is an excellent bit of software.

6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

7. sdmod

sdmod Shadow Defender Expert

"Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP (some limitations), Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1.
    Limitations on Windows XP include the inability to delete System Restore Points, Windows XP doesn't support this ability.

System Requirements: Microsoft .NET Framework v4.0"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.