Restore of Dell GX-150 Fails - Machine reboots

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Strezeski, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strezeski

Strezeski Registered Member

I have a 3 Dell GX-150 desktop workstations that I first manually loaded XP and all service packs and critical updates, and then I installed TrueImage Corporate Workstation v9.1 and created a full image to a tib file up on my Server's share. Now when I am trying to take that clean image and write it to either of my other Dell GX-150's it first instructs me that a reboot is required to allow the reimage to happen, so I click OK/Yes to reboot, the PC reboots, goes into the Acronis boot/loader and I see the text 'Loading', and then I see the TrueImage Workstation splash screen, and then the PC reboots itself again. Anyone else experience this and if so is there a work around?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Strezeski,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Could you please create the bootable rescue media with Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation, boot the computer you want to restore and try to restore an image?

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. Strezeski

I did create a bootable rescue media (CD) and booted using it and experienced the same result. After it displays the Acronis spash screen and then "Loading..." the PC resets/reboots. I actually have 2 of these GX-150's which I am trying to deploy a clean image to and both are doing the exact same thing. I also upgraded the Dell system's BIOS to their latest version (A11) and the issue still persists. Any ideas? -Steve

4. Acronis Support

Hello Strezeski,

If the boot process reaches the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option then please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help then please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation Bootable Rescue CD once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to choose either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and choose the "Full" option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the information collected to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

If the computer reboots before the selection screen appears then please submit a request for technical support containing the brief description of the issue along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. Strezeski

Although your additional steps to try did not lead me to a successful resolution, as an afterthought I installed the TrueImage Server v9.1 on the XP machine and using it I WAS successful in getting the clean XP image installed on my PC's. You might pass this along as an issue to your L2/L3 software support group as some sort of bug in the TrueImage Corporate Workstation v9.1 software. Regards - Steve

6. Acronis Support

Hello Strezeski,

Could you please let us know if the boot process reaches the selection screen mentioned above?

Did you try to write down the last few lines of the output as I have suggested in my previous post?

Can you confirm that the problem completely disappeared after the installation of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows?

Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

I'm afraid that without the information requested above we will not be able to reproduce the problem or proceed with it's investigation.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.