Restore Infitration

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by gideonsband, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gideonsband

gideonsband Registered Member

Re: Future Changes to Nod32

Blackspear, I am recently getting educated in this field, because my editing machines were hit hard. May I request your counsel in the files that were brought to my attention while scanning using NOD32. Here is an example of the error message, NOD did not give me any actions, except "leave."

File C:\System Volume Information\_restore{CDC5B4C4-F1F0-47F4-A13A-4C155A328312}\RP54\A0009498.exe is infected with multiple infiltrations.

any ideas of what to do or what step I should be taking now. I was an operator that is being converted into a tech overnight. Ha! Appreciate any counsel in regards to this. Could find this file and the ten others like it, to repair or replace or delete them. This sounds grave enough that if continued could have consequences for my editing machines that may shut me down. Windows isn't acting friendly with this at all as well. Thank you for your time, I am sure you are as busy as I am. Do appreciate the reply.
    Here's an email if you have time: troy@bravevisions.org

thank you
    Troy

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi there, please take the following steps:

1. Check your settings against those found in the following NOD32 Tutorial: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

2. Turn OFF System Restore (note: by doing so you will lose all restore points) by doing the following:

Windows XP Instructions

1. Right click on the “My Computer” icon on the Windows desktop.

2. Click on “Properties”.

3. Click on the “System Restore”.

4. Place a tick in “Turn off System Restore on all Drives”.

5. Click OK.

6. Close and RESTART your system.

7. Turn System restore back ON.

8. Finally, run a scan by clicking on the NOD32 Control Centre> NOD32> Run NOD32> Scan and Clean.

9. Check the results of the completed scan.

10. Run a further Scan and Clean.

Does the system now come up clean?

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.