Restore Image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dvuser, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dvuser

dvuser Registered Member

My laptop was stolen. I'm getting a new one - exactly the same as the previous - same size and same OS - Windows XP. I backed up a full image of my previous laptops hard drive which included the OS as well as the data with no partitions and using ntfs. I also created an image disc. My image is backedup using TI8.0 on an external USB drive.

Can someone please provide me with step by step directions on how to reinstall my harddrive.

2. storage_man

storage_man Registered Member

Your situation is a little different than just losing a hardrive. I don't think I would want to do a full restore. Your new system may have some different hardware (Even though they say it is the same) and software. If you do a full restore, it may or may not work. What I would recommend is after you get your new system, install True Image, and then explore your backup. You can drag and drop file and directories from the backup to your new systems hard disk. If there are programs that need to be re-installed, I would go back to the original CD's and re-install them.

Your system may not be as whole as it was before it was stolen, but itwill be close.

Storage_man

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.