Restore image with RAID

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Almatrodi, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almatrodi

Almatrodi Registered Member

i have created my image with no problem. then i created bootable cd. but it did not recognise my HDD.
    the problem is RAID.
    i was usign Norton Ghost, and when it loaded i press F6 to load my RAID driver. But with True Image i don't know how!.

please help me.

my machine is:
    Toshiba Qosmio-G20

o_O

2. Almatrodi

So, no answers!!!!.... :mad:

3. Crashpilot

Crashpilot Registered Member

Hi Almatrodi,

Are you sure it is RAID?
    I have a system running on two different RAID controllers, RAID 0 ( Boot array) runs on the Intel Chipset controller built on the motherboard (ASUS P4C 800 E deluxe) the data drives as RAID 5 on a RaidCore BC 4852 (Int 13 disabled); I have no problem booting from the recovery disk and TI finds all the drives attached.
    I tried all the Version 9 builds so far and all of them did boot without a problem.
    This at least was not a problem with Version 9 for me.
    What prevents TI from showing up the drives is for example Norton GoBack since it seems to modify the MBR in a way that TI cannot find the disks behind it.
    But that also true for Norton Ghost, Symantec tells that you must disable Norton GoBack if you want to use the recovery CD.

Good Luck

Crashpilot

4. Almatrodi

5. Almatrodi

i using RAID-1

6. Crashpilot

Crashpilot Registered Member

Hi Almatrodi,

I went to the link you provided, seems to be a very nice system you own, but unfortunately it doesn’t say anything about the RAID controller they use.
    Probably they do not use a standard Intel chipset but have something of their own and you are out of luck if you cannot use a driver disk like you can with Norton Ghost. I did use Ghost 9 before I switched to Acronis because IT works with my hardware much better than Ghost did (boot time & hard ware compatibility) and for sure it is much faster in respect to recording as well as restoring data.
    Why you do not contact Acronis support directly with your issue, since you have a paid version they will certainly try to help and in my experience you have a reply from them within 24 hours.

Crashpilot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.