Restore image under Vista with TI 10 - kernal bug error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HiDef, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiDef

HiDef Registered Member

Hi all,

I have just bought a new PC with Windows Vista Ultimate and downloaded Acronis TI 10 trial. I have only owned my PC for 7 days and one of my 2 400gb Seagate SATA2 7200.10 HDDs has started to fail. My motherboard is an Asus P5B deluxe, and because it has a P965 chipset, I am getting the "kernal BUG in generic.c:115" error when I try to restore an image I have made. Is it possible to make a BartPE bootable disc for Windows Vista? If not, can someone provide a link to the special ISO that Acronis has offered for previous users with this problem? I have just sent an email to Acronis, but because it is now the start of the weekend, I am probably going to have to wait a few days before I get any reply. I am now trying a safe mode restore, which appears to be kind of working, but looks like it's going to take hours and hours. Is there any quicker method for restore?

2. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Are you using RAID? If not, which drive is failing, the OS drive or the storage drive? The BartPE disc will work, just don't forget to add the RAID drivers so it will see the hard drives. Another way would be to start TI in windows and then do your back up. If a reboot is required, TI puts the drivers in memory and will start automatically after rebooting.

Cheers

3. HiDef

HiDef Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I decided to wait out the 12 hour + safe mode restore, which worked thankfully :) I booted up the computer and had a BOOTMGR error, which may be a bug to do with Windows Vista, but got the computer working after using the Vista install disc to do a start-up repair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.