Restore HD to new system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by CyberSpiff, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberSpiff

CyberSpiff Registered Member

Does anyone have the proper steps to restore a HD to a new system with a different hardware config? I'm at the point that I can get TI9 to work well with my external USB drive (thanks to supports suggestion to try a different USB port :) ).

I've read about doing a Windows repair install, but am not quite sure what was meant. I believe the problem relates to not having the correct disk driver and video driver, but am not sure quite how to fix it. Any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CyberSpiff,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please remember that in order to clone or restore an image of your Windows system to a different hardware, you should first prepare Windows using Microsoft System Preparation Tool (Sysprep).
    Please take a look at this FAQ article which describes how to prepair your oerating system using this tool.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. CyberSpiff

CyberSpiff Registered Member

Thanks for the information. I've tried using sysprep, but for some reason when I boot up in the virtual machine Win2K BSOD's. I am able to get farther when I use the recovery method, but I end up getting errors when it tries to access the hive settings. I was hoping that there was some "magic" I was missing regarding restoring the drivers to a default state once I was booted into recovery mode.

Thanks again for any help or ideas folks may have.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello CyberSpiff,

Please be aware that we can not guarantee the successful transferring of your operating system to a computer with the different hardware configuration, even in case of using Microsoft System Preparation Tool.

Please also note that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions support virtual machines.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.