Restore from OS ok - Boot Disc says Corrupt image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Hahaiah, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hahaiah

Hahaiah Registered Member

TI Echo WS 9.5 on Vista x64 SP1

I've been using TI for years and haven't come across this before but it is consistent.

I backup C: to D: on a different partition and when recovering from my OS there is no problem, however when I use the Boot Disc, is says all image files are corrupt.

This was a problem when a test update to Windows 7 quit midway and left me with no OS. I had to install a fresh Vista, acronis and then restored again successfully.

Any ideas?

2. jaycee

jaycee Registered Member

Hi,

Make sure your bootable Rescue Media is in the same build as your active Acronis.
    Sometimes between builds they add support for Home or Workstation files that make it impossible for old Rescue Media to read backups anymore.

Also make sure you don't have some encryption working on that disk, although reinstalling Vista should have been almost impossible..

3. Hahaiah

Thanks ... I burned a new backup CD and after I choose the app from the title screen, the screen goes black with the blinking cursor and never goes to the app ...

I'm using Acronis True Image Echo WS 9.5 Build 8163 ...

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Are you saying that after reinstalling Vista 64 and TI WS 9.5, you were able to restore the BOOT partition under Vista but not from the Rescue CD?

Restoring a boot partition from Windows requires a reboot into the Linux environment identical to that of a Rescue CD from the same TI build. The results should be the same.

5. Hahaiah

Workaround ...

I know ... it's odd.
    I get the welcome screen from the Boot CD, but TI doesn't load successfully... Tried 3 different burns, all failed so it looks to be a software issue ...

I was able to find a 2009 Home version Boot CD image online and it successfully restored my Echo WS image files ...

So you were right ....

I've had some trouble years ago with True Image Boot Discs, hopefully the next build will "fix" this issue ...

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Re: Workaround ...

Glad you found a solution.

The burner you have may be the problem.

For reference, all TI Rescue CDs from the same build are identical, so the disk can be created on any computer with the program installed and used on another computer.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: Workaround ...

Hello Hahaiah,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

Contact Acronis support via Live Chat describe the issue in details, give your serial number for the product and we will provide you working ISO image of Acronis True Image Echo Workstation which you can burn on any computer and test it.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.