restore from hard disk manager 12

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Egelie, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Egelie

Egelie Registered Member

Yesterday bought harddisk manager 15.
    But searching on restore capabilities, it is me not clear or haddiskmanger 15 is backwards compatible
    wiht version 12. Then i have some restore .arc files.

Is it ?

When not, i have to install version 12 again, or is there a other solution ?

Frits Egelie

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

It´s backwards compatible. To use the legacy interface, open the Full Scale Launcher and click the "tools" icon on the top right of the screen.

3. Egelie

Egelie Registered Member

Thanks very much, i found it.
    Is it also possible to extract some files out of the arc files ? I use Total Commander as file manager, but tried on different ways, but not succeeded sofar.

4. Robin A.

Try the Volume Explorer from the Full Scale Launcher interface. Another possibility would be to mount the images, so that they appear as regular disks in Windows Explorer.

5. Egelie

Egelie Registered Member

On some way , i do it wrong. Mounting is not my daily basis.
    the .arc files are on drive D:
    So i did make a empty folder on drive E:
    then in diskmanagement i did mount this empty folder. I named it TEST.
    Then i copied the arc files to TEST.
    the result is that those arc files are indeed copied to TEST.
    But looking with the Volume explorer shows me that the whole drive E: is copied or visible in the TEST map and repeated itself.
    Also the arc files are copied to the E: drive. ( visible on drive E: and visible in the TEST map.)

So i am reading all the txt and pdf files i have about mounting.
    It's not clear to me what i am doing wrong.
    But the arc files are made by Manager 12 and is made of SSd drive C: 117 MB. ( not big )

Attached Files:

6. Robin A.

You mount an image from the Paragon program interface. You need neither to create a folder nor to copy anything. But forget about mounting for now.

Try to use Volume Explorer. Do you see the contents of the images in Volumen Explorer?

7. Egelie

Egelie Registered Member

The only thing i can see more then with Total Commander is , that when clicking on a .arc file, showing me it is drive C:
    More option does Volume-explorer not have then export.

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.