Restore from DVD disks BU

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Constantine, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Constantine

Constantine Registered Member

Oct 4, 2004
    To anybody please,

I'm curious as to how to restore a BU made up of several DVDs. My harddrive is large (120 gig) and has been partitioned and holds 1 BU of my C drive contained within 1 of the partitions, which I have used on a occasion make a restore, however as an extra precaution I also BU my C drive using DVDs as a means of doing so.

Since there seems to be a hitch at the moment making DVD backups via the program itself (TI) I resolve to using the other advised method, this is simply to make BU copies of whatever you are backing up + split the BU into 2 gig splits and then burn then onto DVD. I have done this although my splits are larger than this, infact 4 gig, I use Nero to burn them using UDF method + this means an average of 3 DVDs to create the full BU, to this end I have no problems burning the split BU on to the DVDs.

I am now curious to know how things run in the event that I should ever have to restore from several DVDs - whether it is done desktop level or at bootup and will it request the next disk etc!

Yours Hopefully

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.