Restore from DVD - boots but no DVD listed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ray_usr_nm, Jan 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ray_usr_nm

ray_usr_nm Registered Member

I installed workstation 9.1 build 3832 on a clients pc and have the image burning directly to DVD with the option of place True workstation with Universal restore on the DVD. I then rebooted the machine and True Image boots with no problem. The problem is when I try and restore there is no DVD listed in the restore from window. The DVD drive is an IDE Lite-ON model SHM-165H6S04C.

If I boot back into Windows the image is on the DVD. Is there anything that I can do to reslove this?

Thank you,

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Could be the same problem I discovered in TI 9.0 Home Build 3854. See Post #36 in this previous thread titled <Testing of v9 Build 3854> for details. LG GSA-H10N and Sony DRU-510A connected to Nvidia nForce MCP2 IDE primary and secondary respectively.

As yet, no comments received from Acronis Support.

Regards

3. ray_usr_nm

Thanks for the reply. I have read over that thread but I was hoping that since then there has been some resolution to the issue. As of right now it looks like everything is being backed up correctly but can not restore directly from the DVD. Thought it was strange that it wuld boot to the rescue DVD but not see the DVD drive as a restore source.

If I have trouble needing a restore for them I can always copy the restore job to the network and restore from there but I was curious why I could not restore directly from the DVD itself.

Thanks again for the reply.

4. cprtech

cprtech Registered Member

Sorry, I don't use Acronis Workstation. Rather, ATI Home 10.0. I've encountered a similar issue using the Rescue cd to restore images from a DVD to h/drive. If I boot into the "Safe" option off the cd, I can't see the dvd. However, if I choose the "Full" option, I can see and restore the images off the dvd no problem. Thought I would mention this in case there are similarities between the Workstation boot disk and the Home version boot disk.

5. ray_usr_nm

I tried all the options to boot with and none of them once booted will see the dvd drive. Funny how it can boot from it but doesn't see it as a possible drive to restore from.

Thanks for your help.

Tracy

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ray_usr_nm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download the latest build (3854) of both Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation and Universal Restore for Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please also provide the exact vendor and model of your DVD drive.

Then submit a request for technical support along with all collected files and information and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.