Restore from Boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Shasta, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shasta

Shasta Guest

Has anybody been able to do a compete restore from the boot CD?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Shasta,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know what problem with restoration from Acronis bootable CD you have? We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. dwknight

dwknight Guest

I have done a full restore on my IBM T42p Thinkpad laptop over the network without any problem...

4. bpcan

bpcan Registered Member

I don't know if my situation is different as I am evaluating True Image Corporate Workstation, but I also tried to restore an image from the Boot CD and did not get very far. I got to the point where it asks for the image media (CD) which was different from the Boot CD, it checked it asked for the last CD in the set and after putting that CD in the drive the machine re-booted. End of story. My machine had only a CD burner installed so rebooting with the image CD in the drive meant it lost the program from memory.

Am I doing something wrong? Can the first part of the image be on the Boot CD?

5. Shasta

Shasta Guest

I have only made complete back-ups to a Western Digital USB external harddrive using the boot cd. I have not had the misfortune of needing to use it. I am having the same issues with TI version 9 as everyone else during the back-up process, the image corrupt error message at completion. The back-up image will verify OK. I do all of this from the boot cd. I don't trust this program well enough to install it. I just need to know that I have a true back-up image and that TI9 will come thru for me in a pinch!

6. Acronis Support

Hello Shasta,

The problem with corrupted image files in rescue media is known. Our Development Team is working on it and it is expected to be implemented in the future builds of Acronis True Image 9.0. Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

7. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.