Restore Failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ChuckLit2, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChuckLit2

ChuckLit2 Registered Member

I purchased the upgrade to Acronis 12 2009. I have the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 motherboard which requires the Bart PE restore process. After installing Acronis 2009 I downloaded the Bart PE plugin. Created the new Bart PE restore CD and included my Raid drivers as instructed. After creating my first backup, I booted into the new Bart PE CD and at that point everything looked good... I could see all my drives and partitions. I selected my new backup image and validated it before trying to restore. Things were going good until at the very end of the restore where I expected a success message... Instead I received an error that the restore had failed. I lost my (C) System partition on my Raid drive. I tried it twice with the same results... To restore my computer to operation I had to use my old Bart PE restore disk with the old Acronis version and one of my old backup images. Do you have any ideas how to fix this? If not I need a refund... Can't use the program if I can't restore images..

Chuck

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

Welcome to this forum :)

1. What OS do you have?
    2. what happens if you start with the original rescue-cd from Ti2009?
    Do you see all your hdds and the raid?
    3. what does the errormessage say exactly?

3. ChuckLit2

I have Windows XP. If I try starting from the Rescue-CD or from the F11 prompt (without Bart or my Raid drivers), my 500 GB Raid shows up in the program as an un-partition drive. In other words it can not see any of my partitions on my raid drive.

The other two drives are OK. The error message is just as described above ~ at the end of the restore where I would expect a "Successful Restore Message" instead I get an error message that says, "Error Restore Failure" or something very close to that....

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  4. ChuckLit2

I hope someone has an answer for this problem. I have emailed support and left this message thread here in the forms and still no answer.

5. MrMorse

Acronis help you get earliest after 14-20 days.

Can you post what the event-log says after the error message?

6. ChuckLit2

I have no idea what you mean by that?

No... Like I said above... I had to use one of my old images with my old Bart with my Old Acrois to restore so I could use my computer... So I don't have the new version installed anymore... Am waiting for some kind of solution before installing again... I need my nightly backups and Acronis 12 2009 is useless the way it is now...

7. MrMorse

I'm a victim of the English language. ;)

What I want to say is that Acronis Support answers here after approximate 14 days. Not sooner.
    That is the experience here in this forum.
    To get help immediately you have to use the LiveChat at Acronis WebSite.

8. ChuckLit2

Oh... Ok ... Thanks for the info... That really seems slow... but I guess they don't care enough about their customers...

I have been using image software for many years. I started with PowerQuest Drive Image when it was really owned by PowerQuest. I can not remember every having one single issue with the software or any of their updates.

When I switched to Acronis with version 9. Every single version and build has had problems... I believe their beta program is poor and the software is never tested enough before release.

I was reading about their beta program and they require beta testers to commit to many hours of testing each week... I thought to myself no wonder... smart and capable people are usually very busy people... So the dunderheads they use must have way too much time on their hands if they can commit to so many hours of testing... thus not the smartest or the brightest... and each and every release is evidence to their inept testers.

9. ChuckLit2

I have downloaded and installed the new update and created a new Bart CD... The CD seems to work OK now...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.