Restore Failure : Unable to load Linux kernel - press enter to ....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by KlausHa, May 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KlausHa

KlausHa Registered Member

Hi,

i can't boot my computer with Acronis TI 2009 Rescue CD, after choosing "Full Version" the rescue cd stops booting with error : Unable to load Linux kernel - press enter to ....

neither trying to boot the latest build of ATI available nor using parameters "acpi=off noapic noapm" does solve the problem ! is there any possibility to get my system booting for restoring the image ?

My hardware configuration:

Asus M4A78Pro ( ATI 780G/SB700 chipset)
    AMD Phenom Triple Core
    2x WD 320GB harddisk RAID1 (Mirroring) connected to onbard raid controller

Thx a lot for your help !

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Contact Acronis tech support via Live Chat and explain the problem. They will probably be able to send you the iso image of a boot CD that will work with your system.

The alternative is to create a BartPE or VistaPE boot disk with the TI plug-in.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello KlausHa,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build (9709) of the program. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products. After you download and install the latest build recreate Acronis bootable disc and seeif the issue persists.

If the issue remains send us the serial number for Acronis True Image Home 2009 via PM and we will provide you ISO image of Acronis bootable disc based on different loader which will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

4. ldk117

ldk117 Registered Member

Hello,

I have the same problem with "unable to load linux kernel", but I have a german version from acronis true image 11. Can you help me?

5. Haider

Haider Registered Member

Hi,

I do also have a problem with this.
    Please, would you explain the reason of this error so that I understand it better? Is it driver related?
    Because I haven't found any single explanation of why it happens.

I downloaded the trial recently and the error was there both when I used the F11-recovery method or the boot-cd method.

I was so happy to find this software and the price is very good as well. But if I cant make a system restore, then there would be no meaning with True Image at all.

Is there any solution available? o_O

Kindly,
    Haider

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

ldk117,

Could you please let me know via PM the license number or the e-mail address you have used to register the serial number? I will send you an ISO file to create another Acronis Booting Rescue Media.

Haider,

I can suggest you to create Acronis Booting Rescue Media and perform the operation under it.

Acronis Booting Rescue Media is based on a Linux operating system, and there can be several reasons of the encountered issue:

- Acronis Loader cannot be started;
    - Acronis Loader cannot start the Linux kernel;
    - Hardware is not recognized;
    - The Linux kernel must be loaded in a special mode.

Please let me know the language of the trial version you are trying, I will send you the appropriate ISO file. You can let me know it via PM.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

7. Haider

Haider Registered Member

Dear Oleg, thank you.

I use the english trial version.
    Thank you for the explanation; it could be that the hardware isnt recognized. I thought that might be the reason. The RAID is based on AMD SB750 chipset (motherboard is Biostar TA790GX3 A2+).

Would you please explain what you mean with 'perform the operation under it?

ps. I sent you a PM, in case you would miss this reply.

8. chinasky

chinasky Registered Member

UPDATE!

i was searching for a version of ti2009 that was not affected by this problem but since today... nothing

So i decided to make a ride in the bios to see if was possible to find a workaround.... and i find it! it works on mine biostar ta790gx a2+

1) make a bootable rescue cd of acronis true image 2009
    2) restart your pc and enter the bios
    3) go on the chipset menù
    4) on the southbridge voice select ahci
    5) press f10 and save configuration
    6) when pc restarting press F9 to select the boot from the cd you previously made
    7) Acronis Starts!
    :cool: restore your system
    9) reset your pc and enter agaion the bios
    10) revert the changes you made on the southbridge voice and restart.

Mine was on 'raid' and acronis with this setting was able to recognise the raid 0 on my disks, to correctly restore the disks and complete the operations with no errors.

I think that via ahci acronis can start the linux drivers and then the drivers made during the cd creation. So it's important to make the rescue cd.

I haven't found no way to make the F11 function Work.

I hope this little post will be useful to others in trouble like i was.

Bye all

9. Haider

Haider Registered Member

Hej Chinasky!

thats awesome!
    Wow, but how can a RAID 0 be restored in AHCI mode?
    But you cant boot in AHCI once the disks where setup in RAID mode, can you?
    And how about the F11 mode? Is that still working or does it have to be a boot-disk.

However, I got a CD from Acronis that actually helped me to boot without doing the Bios issue. And according to the support guy, its a driver matter and next version of TrueImage will have the driver built in.

Anyway, I will backup my stuff and then try this out myself.
    But I also look forward to your replies.

/Haider

10. chinasky

chinasky Registered Member

1)I think it was possible because in the cd maded by acronis there are the correct drivers for the raid...
    2) no . the boot is not possible in ahci mode
    3)the f11 problem is still on so you can boot only from a boot cd.

And i will look here to know when acronis will fix this driver problem.
    I finded this workaround in a moment of desperation. i was going to loose about 100 gb of music and all my security copies of the software i have......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.