restore does not work with my One-Click Backup software

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by javabeat, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javabeat

javabeat Registered Member

Hi.

I am using Paragon One-Click backup and can not get a restore to work, it copied the files ok, but when the computer reboots the windows screen comes up then blue screens and crash's, is there a recovery disk I can use, although I see knowhere on the Paragon page to download a recovery cd.

Cheers:'(

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi,

I am not familiar with that particular program.

With most Paragon apps. at the top left of the main Interface, click Tools>Recovery Media Builder to run off a bootable cd.

Otherwise, assuming the backups are in arc format, you will find the cd's from other Paragon apps. will be able to restore them. E.G. The 9 series.

3. javabeat

Hi,

The software I have is Drive copy 8.5 it has a one-click backup option. What recovery disk would work with this and where do I get the recovery disk from.

Many Thanks for helping

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

You're looking to clone the hard drive back? If you have the Drive Copy professional edition, it should come with a recovery CD that you can boot to. Log into your account page to download the file.

It might be quicker to swap hard drives, so the one you have a good copy is the primary, boot back into Windows, and copy it back.

5. javabeat

Hi.

I Don't have the professional edition and have no recovery cd. I have registered my copy, but there is no recovery software on my account page. I have sent a mail to support a couple of days ago, but had no reply.

Not sure what you mean about swap the hardrives. I basically did a restore on my primary hardrive and overwrote what was on there. It gets past the windows screen then crash's.

The clone of my hardrive was on a usb external drive, I copied the cloned data to my primary drive, I even swapped out the primary drive and put the usb drive in its place, still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.