Restore crashes

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marco.boltz, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marco.boltz

marco.boltz Registered Member

Hi,

I recently bought TI 10. My latest full-backup image is created with TI 8. The reason why I have to use TI 10 is because TI 8 doesn't support my current SATA controller and so all the hard drives didn't show up in the system booted with a (TI:cool: rescue media.

Verifying the TI8-image doesn't show any errors. It seems to be fine. But whenever I try to restore it TI10 starts but doesn't seem to finish. I tried it several ways:

1. Restore from windows. TI10 tells me it has to reboot in order to complete the task. The Acronis Loader starts up after the system restart. The process bar appears and stays at "0 %" for like a minute. Then the screen goes black and the computer restarts Windows XP. But nothing has been restored. Stuff I installed AFTER creating the image is still there (including the problem I wanted to get rid off ... but that's a different story).

2. Restore directly from a Acronis Rescue Disc. Same thing like above but it doesn't even get as far as the progress bar. After hitting "Proceed" at the last restore dialog it immediately seems to restart the Acronis Loader - without really rebooting the system. It just "prints" the console message over the graphical user interface that's still there.

Again after restarting the system with XP, everything is still there apparently untouched.

Can anybody help me with this?

Regards,
    Marco

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marco,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If you already using the latest build and the issue persist please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please also make a screen shot of the Device Tree application:

- Download and unpack the Device Tree application;

- Run the application;

- Completely unfold the \Driver\Disk and \Driver\FtDisk branches;

- Move the margin to the left in order to see all the items;

- Make a screen shot;

Please note that the application may crash the system when you exit, so we recommend you to save all your work and close other programs prior to running it.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Michael Fedyulin

3. marco.boltz

Ok, since all the given hints didn't produce any different results or behaviour, I filed an official support request. Hope you guys can work this out. Thanks thus far.

Cheers,
    Marco

4. ciberandy

ciberandy Registered Member

Hi Marco,

Were you (or Acronis) able to solve this problem?
    I'm having exactly the same issue. With TI 8 and the Demoversion of TI 10.
    (That's why I can't file an official support request)

Of course I won't buy it if this issue cannot be resolved because it won't
    be of any use to me. :-(

So far I was VERY pleased with Trueimage - it saved me tons of work in my job.
    But now...? *sigh*

Please let me/us know when there are news.
    Thanks!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ciberandy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. marco.boltz

@ciberandy:

Well let's say Acronis was certainly willing to help, but not very helpful. All suggestions and ideas were mere fiddling around the symptoms. I finally asked for the BartPE plugin-version of True Image 8 because I got a BartPE featuring the driver for my SATA controller (which their TI8-based rescue media did not). So I could start the PE windows with access to all my hard drives. Then TI8 was able to restore the image. Worked like a charm. :)

Nevertheless thanks to Acronis for the support.

Cheers,
    Marco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.